Saturday, March 5, 2011

The Purple Count


What's better than a bigass five pound box of frozen wild local blueberries? Not a frig of a lot if it's winter and you're kind of sick of it! Good morning, delicious blue wonderorbs!
 

What do I detest about this blog editor? A lot. What don't I hate? This amazing smoothie.


I promise you this won't become a smoothie blog, but I'm pretty proud of myself that I've been actually eating breakfast, as I've been pretty lax on this lately (read: the last few years). The strange schedule that I keep messes me up in the appetite. This smoothie was gorgeous and  the colour reminded me of both this awesome Playskool vampire figure and the Count from Sesame Street, thus the name. Here's how to make it:

THE PURPLE COUNT


1 c. almond milk
2/3 c. blueberries
1 banana
1 tbsp. chia
1 scoop vegan proteins+ vanilla
1 tsp. gelantized maca powder
1 tsp.matcha powder
1 tbsp. hemp oil
bunch o' cinnamon
handful of shredded coconut
1 tbsp. Nova Greens
2 medjool dates


Wow-- I actually thought I might've tooled this one up by putting too many ingredients in it. Instead, I got a thick, not too sweet, delicious purple smoothie. It felt awesome, imparting awesome nutrients, nourishing me with sustained energy. I'm so glad my body knows how to use nutrients now! HAHA. It's great. 




No comments:

Post a Comment