Thursday, July 8, 2010

How's it growin'?

The speedy dwarf beans are really sprouting up! I tried to plan them so there'd be sun and a place to climb. Turns out they get the least sun of anything in the garden, but they're still doing pretty well. Bonus: the blossoms are beautiful.


I ACTUALLY HAVE BEANS GROWING! My proudest gardening accomplishment thus far.





I don't know if you can tell, but my herbs are growing. Most improved: chives and sage. I repotted them and they loved it.


I've already had a mega feast from this last week. It was so full of salad I could hardly get the scissors in to cut it back. I've got a couple of flowers coming. I'm not sure if I should leave them or not.


Look! I have a Swiss Chard plant! The birds have been eating almost all the little sprouts, but this big one and the tiny one under the leaf at the front have survived! To deter the birds, I snapped a couple of cds in half (makes prismy light that freaks out the birds) and staked them in the soil. No bird feasts since.

1 comment:

  1. Arsome! I never had any luck growing a garden in Halifax..there never seemed to be enough summer. It would be the end of October before the tomatoes were ripe. So good for you!!

    ReplyDelete